暮光之城•暮色 第331期:第二十一章 电话(8)

2019-11-24 07:00:56

I turned away; I couldn't let her see my face.
我把头转向一旁。我不能让她看到我的表情。

My eye fell on a blank page of the hotel stationery on the desk. I went to it slowly, a planforming. There was an envelope there, too. That was good.

我的目光落到桌子上那叠宾馆信纸最上面的一页白纸。我慢慢地走过去,一个计划在我脑海里成形了。同样,一封信的腹稿也成形了。好极了。

"Alice," I asked slowly, without turning, keeping my voice level. "If I write a letter for mymother, would you give it to her? Leave it at the house, I mean."

“爱丽丝,”我慢吞吞地说道,没有回头,依然让自己的声音波澜不兴。“如果我给我妈妈写封信,你能把信给她吗?我是说,把它留在屋子里。”

"Sure, Bella." Her voice was careful. She could see me coming apart at the seams. I had to keepmy emotions under better control.

“当然,贝拉。”她的声音显得很谨慎。她看到出我在细微之处的破绽。我得更好地控制住自己的情绪。

I went into the bedroom again, and knelt next to the little bedside table to write.

我又走回了卧室,跪在那张小小的床头几前,开始写信。

"Edward," I wrote. My hand was shaking, the letters were hardly legible.

“爱德华,”我写道。我的手在颤抖,笔下的那些字母简直难以让人辨认。

I love you. I am so sorry. He has my mom, and I have to try. I know it may not work. I am sovery, very sorry.

“我爱你。对不起。他抓住了我母亲,我只能放手一搏。我知道这可能没用。我非常,非常地抱歉。

Don't be angry with Alice and Jasper. If I get away from them it will be a miracle. Tell themthank you for me. Alice especially, please.

别生爱丽丝和贾斯帕的气。如果我能从他们身旁逃开,这绝对是个奇迹。替我感谢他们。尤其是爱丽丝。求你了。

And please, please, don't come after him. That's what he wants. I think. I can't bear it if anyonehas to be hurt because of me, especially you. Please, this is the only thing I can ask you now.For me.

还有,千万,千万,不要跟着他。这正是他想要的。我是这样认为的。我再也承受不了有任何人因为我而受到伤害了,尤其是你。求你了,这是我现在唯一能向你要求的事。就当是为了我。

I love you. Forgive me.

我爱你。原谅我。

Bella, I folded the letter carefully, and sealed it in the envelope. Eventually he would find it. Ionly hoped he would understand, and listen to me just this once.

贝拉, 我小心地折起那封信,然后把它塞进信封里。他终有一日会发现的。我只希望他能理解,并且能听我的话,哪怕就这一次。

And then I carefully sealed away my heart.

然后我也小心地密封住了自己的心情。

I turned away;

我把头转向一旁。

a plan forming.

一个计划在我脑海里成形了。

keeping my voice level.

让自己的声音波澜不兴。

seam

n.缝;接缝

vt.缝合;接合;使有纹

vi.有裂缝

You should seam up the shirt without using sewing-machine.

你不要用机器去缝制这件衬衣。

She seamed two pieces of carpet together.

她将两块地毯缝在一起。

next to

邻近; 紧靠

May I bring my chair next to yours?

我可以把我的椅子移到你的旁边吗?

Peter sat next to Paul on the sofa.

彼得挨著保罗坐在沙发上。

legible

adj.清晰的;易读的;可辨认的

It was also decided that the value would be indicated clearly in a readily legible manner and thatcertain tactile features would be included.

它也被决定价值会以不迟疑清晰的样子被清楚地指出而且特定的触觉特征会被包括在内。

Judicious use of white space and legible fonts is important so that these signposts remainclearly evident and distinct.

明智地使用空白的空间和易读的字体很重要,这样将使标志保持清晰独特。

miracle

n.奇迹

Her life was saved by a miracle.

她的生命是靠奇迹救活的。

folded the letter

折起那封信

sealed away my heart.

密封住了自己的心情